Overflow warehousing for IT asset disposition, security and transitions
Posted in Blog
In a perfect world, there is a seamless coordination of IT assets coming in and IT assets going out.
That, unfortunately, is not the reality for ITADs, VARs, MSPs and resellers.
The asset disposition traffic flow, however well-coordinated, can jam up a bit (a lot) leaving you with a temporary space scramble, an asset tracking challenge and desperately wishing for a few extra hands until you get caught up.
When that happens, secure, overflow warehousing designed and designated for IT asset holding and processing is the solution for ITADs, VARs and resellers. It’s the most secure way to break the logjam of servicing your customers and dealing with unexpected hiccups and volumes.
What should you look for in overflow warehousing for IT asset management?
If the goal is ensuring a great fit and the perfect extension of your own organization, look for these “must have” features when searching for a secure warehouse partner:
- Enough space – fits the quantity of whatever you need to park.
- Range of size – fits the size of your assets (sealed boxes of laptops) and how they’re packed (or to be packed upon receipt) — no matter how bulky (pallets of tablets or blanket-wrapped server racks, kiosks and printers).
- Timing – short-term or long-term storage. Or both. Because things change.
2. Security and Compliance
- Secure, controlled access for sensitive data and high-value items waiting for redeployment, ITAD return, or in limbo. Check for controlled access, video camera monitoring and 24×7 monitoring for theft and fire.
- Impeccable chain of custody
- Certifications of Data Destruction and/or Recycling
3. Situational Adaptability
- Skilled, outsourced services – lease returns, quarantines, consolidation, repacking, rollout, recycling, redeployment, audits, self-pack and return and centralized receiving and tracking.
- Cross docking for regional pickups.
- Reporting – inventory, WHM, shipping, status, process – whatever you need.
For Guardian Data Destruction VARs, ITADs, MSPs and resellers, our aim is to help you fulfill service obligations to your clients. If you need storage space or workspace to extend or simplify your process or customer contracts, Guardian’s warehouse has the services, square footage, processes and skilled technicians to create a holding solution or program that helps you.
We also recommned
Why choose data erasure services instead of shredding? Or degaussing? Or mutilating?
There’s only one reason to choose data erasure instead of other types of eData destruction: to retain and reuse the hard drive for remarketing or …
Top 5 Data Destruction Trends and Takeaways from the (NAID) i-SIGMA Conference 2022
The Guardian team recently flew back (and boy, are our arms tired) from the i-SIGMA (International Secure Information Governance & Management Association) National Conference and …
6 post-COVID reasons to include data destruction in your Earth Day work event
April is the harbinger of Earth Day – a renewed and energetic effort toward environmental stewardship and community leadership. For many ITADs, VARs, resellers and …
Stay in the know
Get relevant information right in your inbox
We do not sell or share your information with anyone